Application to ClimBEco
The next application period will open in January 2022 for the programme starting in August 2022.
Who can apply?
Approximately 30 PhD students can be admitted to the graduate research school every year. ClimBEco is open to currently enrolled PhD students who fulfill at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is a registered participant in BECC and/or MERGE.
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is affiliated with a department at the Faculty of Science at Lund University, and the PhD student has a research topic of relevance for the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE.
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is affiliated with one of the departments connected to BECC and MERGE at the University of Gothenburg (Biological and Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences, Chemistry and Molecular Biology, Economics), and the PhD student has a research topic of relevance for the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE.
If none of the eligibility criteria apply to you, please contact Cheryl Sjöström for information about possibilities to join ClimBEco against an enrollment fee.
What are the requirements of active participation?
Accepted PhD students agree to actively participate in the research school during their two years. In order to fulfill the programme requirements, PhD students must:
- Actively participate in at least three annual meetings (summer and winter). Each meeting is equivalent to approximately 1.5-2 days committment. Participation in all four annual meetings is welcomed and encouraged.
- Complete the course "Interdisciplinarity in environmental research" at Lund University, worth 3 higher education credits.
- Complete at least one additional ClimBEco course.
Apart from these minimum requirements, it is up to the individual to make the most of the ClimBEco time by, for example, participating in the mentoring programme and attending workshops or seminars. All ClimBEco activities are extra-curricular to one's ordinary research education. Once all requirements are fulfilled, PhD students are awarded a diploma and are recommended to receive 2 higher education credits for their active participation in ClimBEco.
PhD students and project manager on why you should join ClimBEco – youtube.com.