Applying for funding – CEC checklist
All applications for funding to external or internal funders must be approved by the CEC director beforehand.
This applies to all applications where the project or part of the project is to be placed at CEC. Please copy the bullet point-list below into a word-document, add your comments, and send by e-mail to the CEC research coordinator.
The basic rule is that the list is sent to the CEC's research coordinator no later than 1 week before the call closes. Some applications require longer advance notice:
- If you are applying for a FORMAS Research project for early-career researchers or a VR Starting Grant, you must contact the CEC's research coordinator no later than 3 weeks before the deadline to confirm that your research project can be placed at the CEC.
- Contact the CEC's research coordinator immediately if you need co-financing or if you are planning or participating in a larger application, for example within Horizon Europe.
- If you are applying in Prisma for a call where it is Lund University as an organization that is applying rather than the individual researcher ("organisationsansökning"), note that this application needs to be done with the assistance of Research Services, and that there will be internal deadlines to take into account, see below.
- Preliminary title
- Main applicant
- Will you be using Biology’s lab? (if yes - see below for further instructions)
- Funder and call (a link is highly appreciated)
- Call deadline and date for decision (if given by funder)
- Amount asked for (approximately)
- Are you planning for a PhD-student in the project?
- Is co-funding required? (if yes - approximately how much? And is it for OH coverage or something else? Please do not say "see attached full cost calculation" because then I just have to get back to you and double check)
- Names of any named person expected to achieve salary or any positions expected to be created (e.g. post-doc)
The cost to use the lab is included in the CEC overhead cost (as of January 1, 2021), no extra budget calculation is needed. However – you must contact the person in charge of the lab at Biology and check that you can use the lab. This must be done before you send in your application to the funder. If you get funded (congratulations!), an agreement between CEC and Biology has to be signed so that we can keep track of how many researchers are using the lab. Contact the CEC Research Coordinator to get support with this.
To get an approval
Contact the person in charge of the lab as soon as you know you will want to use the lab. Include the information in the list above sent to the CEC research coordinator.
Organization announcements in Prisma must be opened and submitted by LUs Research Services (Forskningsservice).
This means that there are internal conditions (for both the project leader and the head of department concerned) and earlier deadlines when such an application is coordinated from LU. If you wish to coordinate an application from LU, Research Services must be contacted well before deadline to open an application.
To open an application, contact Research Services (ansokan [at] fs [dot] lu [dot] se) and submit the following information:
- Name of announcement (organizational application) to be applied for
- Who will be the project manager/coordinator
- Preliminary title for the application in both Swedish and English
- Contact information for the project manager/coordinator's head of department (inform the CEC Director and the Research Coordinator beforehand and feel free to CC them both)