Application to ClimBEco
The application period for the 2023-2025 ClimBEco programme opens in late autumn 2022.
Who can apply?
Approximately 30 PhD students can be admitted to the graduate research school every year. ClimBEco is open to currently enrolled PhD students and according to the following eligibility criteria (one fulfilled criterion is enough for eligibility):
- The PhD student and/or their main supervisor is a registered participant in BECC and/or MERGE
- The PhD student and/or their main supervisor is affiliated with a department at the Faculty of Science at Lund University, and the PhD student has a research education topic of relevance to the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE
- The PhD student and/or their main supervisor is affiliated with one of the departments connected to BECC or MERGE at the University of Gothenburg (Biological and Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences, Marine Sciences, Chemistry and Molecular Biology, Economics), and has a research education topic of relevance to the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE
If none of the eligibility criteria apply to you, please contact us for information about the possibility to join ClimBEco against an enrollment fee. Supervisors must grant their approval in order for a PhD student to be accepted.
What are the requirements of active participation?
Accepted PhD students agree to actively participate in the research school during two years. This includes:
- active participation in at least three annual meetings (summer and winter). Each meeting is equivalent to approximately 1.5-2 days committment. Participation in all four annual meetings is welcomed and encouraged.
- completing the ClimBEco course Interdisciplinarity in environmental research (NMV001F)
- completing at least one additional course offered within ClimBEco.
Apart from these minimum requirements, it is up to the individual to make the most of the ClimBEco time by, for example, participating in the mentoring programme, attending workshops and seminars, or suggesting additional events. All ClimBEco activities, besides PhD courses, are extra-curricular to one's ordinary research education. Once all requirements are fulfilled, PhD students are awarded a diploma and are recommended to receive 2 higher education credits for their active participation in ClimBEco.
PhD students and project manager on why you should join ClimBEco – youtube.com.