The ClimBEco mentoring programme is open to current ClimBEco PhD students. As part of the mentoring programme, mentees take part in training modules designed to promote personal and career development and to strengthen the PhD students' relational and communication skills. Mentees are also paired with a mentor for one-on-one mentoring.
The next programme will begin in the spring of 2024.
2023-2024 programme dates
- Module 1: Personal development. 17-18 April - Two days in-person in Hölllviken
- Module 2: Communication and career planning. 13 June - One day in Lund
- Module 3: Trust and networking. 31 August - One day online (2h open to all ClimBEco)
- Module 4: Difficult conversations. 24 October - One day in-person in Lund
- Module 5: Master suppression techniques, gender and diversity. 18-19 January - Two days in-person in Lund (2h open to all ClimBEco)
- Module 6: End of programme. 1 March - A half day online
Frequently asked questions
The mentoring programme shall:
- support PhD students in their personal and career development, through focus on building relationships and trust, through networking, and through coaching and mentoring on learning goals and 360 degree feedback.
- strengthen the PhD students' relational and communication skills, through focus on dialogues for change, difficult conversations and handling master suppression techniques via assertive and confirming mindset and techniques.
The ClimBEco mentoring programme, and in particular the training modules, is an arena where mentees are asked to share with and learn from each other on personal matters and in confidence. Having a limited and consistent group of people supports maintaining this trust-filled environment.
Mentors are individuals that have earned a PhD degree and are working either within or outside of the university. Mentors get a preparatory seminar from INDEA to learn more about the mentor role in order to be able to take it on properly and confidently. On the application page you may request a mentor with certain characteristics (such as working inside or outside of academia). There should be no dependencies between the mentee and/or supervisor and the assigned mentor. ClimBEco is responsible for matching mentors and mentees.
Katarina Billing, Certified Psychologist and Coach. Katarina has many years of experience in running development programmes in the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculties of Science and Social Sciences at Lund University, as well as SLU and Chalmers and in private enterprises such as E.ON, Gambro/Baxter, Danske Bank, and more.
She has more than twenty years of experience as programme director, facilitator and trainer with companies such as the City of Gothenburg, the City of Malmö, Region Skåne, If Insurance, IKEA, KPMG, Tetra Pak, Volvo AB and Volvo Cars. For 10 yrs she lead the MiL Programme for Experienced Managers, a 24 day long programme.
Katarina is author of the book Step towards trust on how leaders can create trust and maintain it long term. She is co-author of the book Earning While Learning in Global Leadership
About the mentoring programme
The ClimBEco mentoring programme is carried out over a period of approximately 10 months. During this time, participating mentees meet for six training modules. Parallel to the training modules, mentees are individually paired up with a mentor with whom they meet regularly over the duration of the programme. Two modules will be partially open to all current ClimBEco PhD students. Some modules are online and some are in-person, see current schedule for more details.
The design of the programme is based on experience- and action-based pedagogy with mini-lectures and exercises related to the participants’ reality.
Upon successful completion of the mentoring programme mentees receive a diploma and are recommended to receive 2 higher education credits for their active participation. The programme language is English.
The programme is open to all currently enrolled ClimBEco PhD students, with a maximum of 16 participants. Participation in all six training modules is mandatory. Please first ensure you can attend all of the set dates before applying. ClimBEco covers travel and room and board costs for participating mentees.
Welcome to direct any questions to the ClimBEco coordinator, cheryl [dot] sjostrom [at] cec [dot] lu [dot] se (Cheryl Sjöström.)