Applying for funding
Here you find information about the CEC's internal process when applying for external and internal funding for research projects and other projects, and useful links to funders and support pages.
When you apply for research funding or other funding that is to be placed in full or in part at the CEC, you must anchor this and get approval from the CEC's director before the application is submitted. This applies to all project applications to all funders all year round, and for applications where you are main applicant as well as co-applicant.
Documents required are:
- A completed checklist which is sent to the CEC's research coordinator
- A completed full-cost application that is sent to the CEC's finance officer
The basic rule is that the checklist is sent to the CEC's research coordinator no later than 1 week before the call closes. Some applications require longer advance notice:
- If you are applying for a FORMAS Research project for early-career researchers or a VR Starting Grant, you must contact the CEC's research coordinator no later than 3 weeks before the deadline to confirm that your research project can be placed at the CEC.
- Contact the CEC's research coordinator immediately if you need co-financing or if you are planning or participating in a larger application, for example within Horizon Europe.
The CEC checklist can be found in the left margin and via this link:
The full cost application is to be signed by the director and the finance officer at least 2 days before the call deadline. Since changes in the calculation often need to be made during the review, it is advisable to communicate the full-cost calculation to the finance officer one week before the call closes.The spread sheet can be found in the left margin or via this link:
Support to funding applications
CEC provides support before, during and after the application phase:
- In the page Funding opportunities we have collected links to funders, and a News-section where we post open calls and opportunities. The page is found in the left margin or via this link:
Link to Funding opportunities on lu.se
- In the Horizon Europe Support page you find a News-section with information on call drafts and and events connected to HEU applications, and a compilation of support avalible for researchers connected to CEC, CEC Fellows, BECC, MERGE and LU Land. The page is found in the left margin or via this link:
Link to Horizon Europe Support Page on lu.se
- CEC provides general assistance to researchers applying for external grants which contribute to integrated environmental and climate research. The support can be in kind and financial, and is provided within the network CEC Fellows. More information in this link:
Link to Support to research applications on lu.se