I have a strong interest in sustainability and I am working in several projects at CEC. My main engagement is in urban green infrastructure and their benefits for people as ecosystem services. Specifically, how and to what extent nature based solutions sustainably can be used to adapt to and to mitigate climate change. I am also engaged is projects related to rural areas, especially pollination, organic farming and conservation of farmland birds.
I have a MSc in Chemical engineering and a PhD degree in Applied Biochemistry. As a PhD student, I worked with salt tolerance and water tolerance of plants, a major issue in many agricultural areas of the word. Irrigation is in many areas affecting the environment, by salinize land and lowering groundwater levels. In some areas, arable land has become so saline that it no longer can be used for agricultural production. My work as a PhD student as well as a researcher after graduation was a mix of laboratory work in molecular biology and biochemistry and data analysis of genomic data.
A few years after defending my thesis I left academia to work as a freelancing data analyst scientist. I have more than 20 years of experience using R, in various subjects as GIS, statistical modeling, proxy-based modelling, process based modelling, machine learning, bioinformatics, genomics, GLS (global location sensor) using light level geolocation data and database analysis.
Displaying of publications. Sorted by year, then title.
- Wild bees and hoverflies respond differently to urbanisation, human population density and urban formAnna S. Persson, Johan Ekroos, Peter Olsson, Henrik G. Smith
(2020) Landscape and Urban Planning, 204
(2019) Ardea, 107 p.61-74
(2019) Science Advances, 5
(2019) Land Use Policy, 85 p.407-418
- Ekologiska fokusarealer i samverkan : Utvärdering av effekter på ekosystemtjänster, jordbruk och administrationJuliana Dänhardt, Lovisa Nilsson, Jordan Hristov, Johanna Alkan Olsson, Mark Brady, et al.
(2016) Movement Ecology, 4
- Wintering area and migration routes for Ortolan Buntings Emberiza hortulana from Sweden determined with light-geologgersPeter Olsson, Gunnar Selstam, Jan Sondell
(2015) Ornis Svecica, 25 p.3-14
- Prolonged stopover duration characterises migration strategy and constraints of a long-distance migrant songbirdDebora Arlt, Peter Olsson, James W Fox, Matthew Low, Tomas Pärt
(2015) Animal Migration, 2 p.47-62
- In Tundra Plovers the Frequency of Inner Flight Feather Replacement Varies with Length of Long-Distance FlightsJopp Jukerna, Johan Van Rhijn, Peter Olsson, Theunis Piersma
(2013) Ardea, 101 p.121-132
- An oat branmeal influences blood insulin levels and related gene sets in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of healthy subjectsMatilda Ulmius, Anna Johansson Persson, Morten Krogh, Peter Olsson, Gunilla Önning
(2011) Genes & Nutrition, 6 p.429-439
(2010) European Journal of Plant Pathology, 127 p.73-87
- Can intensively farmed arable land be favourable for birds during migration? The case of the Eurasian golden plover Pluvialis apricariaÅke Lindström, Juliana Dänhardt, Martin Green, Raymond Klaassen, Peter Olsson
(2010) Journal of Avian Biology, 41 p.154-162
(2009) Plant Science, 177 p.710-715
(2009) Journal of Plant Physiology, 166 p.787-796
(2004) Plant Science, 166 p.1595-1604
- A chiffchaff Phylloscopus c. collybita with mixed chiffchaff and willow warbler Ph. trochilus song - genetic evidence.Staffan Bensch, LGR Nilsson, P Nothagen, P Olsson, Mikael Åkesson
(2001) Ornis Svecica, 11 p.108-111
- Kinetics of the coupled reaction catalysed by a fusion protein of yeast mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and citrate synthase: Kinetics of a fusion protein of MDH and CSHenrik Pettersson, Peter Olsson, Leif Bülow, Gösta Pettersson
(2000) European Journal of Biochemistry, 267 p.5041-5046