January 10th 2019
From the management
Welcome back to a new semester!
The management of CEC has been strengthened with two new persons, Per Persson as Deputy Director and Natascha Kljun as Director of the PhD program. Katarina Hedlund will continue as Assistant Director with responsibility for the undergraduate education, and Maria Hansson will be the Assistant Director of the PhD program. The Management group will meet in two weeks to prepare for the coming evaluations that will take place during the next years. There will be evaluations of educations, research and organisation.
This is the full list of the Management Group:
Henrik Smith, Director, Coordinator BECC, Director Sustainability forum
Per Persson, Deputy Director
Katarina Hedlund, Assistant Director with responsibility for the undergraduate education
Yann Clough, Assistant Director with responsibility for research development
Karin Hofvendahl, Administrative manager
Maria Hansson, Assistant Director of the PhD program
Hanna Holm, Communications manager
Erik Swietlicki, Infrastructure strategies
Paul Miller, Coordinator MERGE
CECs plan of operation has been translated to English and can be found here.
ICOS has an updated organisation, and there has been appointed Station Managers at the two measurement stations at Lund University: Tobias Biermann in Hyltemossa and Anders Båth in Norunda. Maj-Lena Linderson is still the Director of ICOS Sweden. Read more here.
We warmly welcome the following new persons to CEC:
- Carlos Martinez Avila, starting February 1st. Carlos is starting as a postdoc in Green Space Governance working with Johanna Alkan Olsson and Helena Hanson, and will share office D332 with Linda.
- Lina Röjnert, starting February 1st. Lina will work as a research coordinator with Olof Blomqvist in Climate-KIC, and they will share office D313.
- Clàudia Custodio Martinez is a student co-worker in LU Sustainability Forum during 2019. Clàudia will work approximately 5 hours per week and have her desk in office D330 with Jenny.
- Nina Reistad is already a teacher in a number of CEC courses and responsible for a masters course in environmental science. Nina will now also work part time at CEC with CECs undergraduate education to adapt to the national quality assurance system for evaluating and developing the quality of higher education. She will share office with Martijn.
And we are happy to announce that the following persons will stay at CEC for some more time:
- Jasmine Livingston, who defender her theses in November, is starting a post doc position on the development of the IPCC.
- Lina Herbertsson will continue as a researcher working on measures to strengthen pollination in agriculture.
CECs Friday breakfast fika is served from 9:30 to 10:15 in the CEC lunch room and most Fridays a presentation starts at 10:15. On Friday January 11, Simon Herzog is defending his thesis and thus there is no seminar, but fika is served at 9:30. Next Friday January 18 there is also no seminar, but fika at 9:30.
On Friday January 11 Simon Herzog defends his thesis in environmental science “Fate of riverine iron over estuarine salinity gradients” at 9:00 in the Blue Hall, the Ecology Building, Sölvegatan 37, Lund.
The new series of CEC Fellows seminars will be introduced during 2019, starting with the governance concept by Åsa Knaggård and colleagues from political science on February 14th.
Good to know
Discuss your book idea with a publisher. Between 28 January and 1 February, publisher Lena Forssén from Natur & Kultur will be in Lund. She would like to discuss ideas for popular science books with researchers in the fields of climate, environment, animals, health, medicine, sport, psychology, cognitive research. Anyone who is interested in booking an individual meeting can email lena [dot] forssen [at] nok [dot] se (Lena Forssén).
ClimBEco graduate research school is about to open a call for applications to the program 2019-2021. Last day to apply will be 30 April. For more information, please check the ClimBEco web.
About the newsletter
The CEC newsletter is sent to employees and those that are associated with CEC. The newsletter is sent out on Thursdays every second week. If you have anything you would like to add to the newsletter, please send your information to karin [dot] hofvendahl [at] cec [dot] lu [dot] se (Karin Hofvendahl), no later than Monday the same week.