FORMAS yearly call seminar-tour
The seminar held on the international women day created a large interest and around 130 people were registered to attend, which was the largest crowd of the FORMAS tour according to the Senior Research Officers of FORMAS. The participants was researchers from most faculties at Lund University and some long distant travelers from Blekinge Tekniska Högskola and Malmö University.
There were plenty of questions asked, and most had many of their questions answered. Here is some key notes on tips when writing you application for Formas annual open call
- All co-applicants, including international ones needs to specify their cv in a PRISMA-account, otherwise their cv will not be evaluated.
- Only ONE application as main applicant, however, you may be co-applicant in others
- BUDGET may not exceed more than 1 Million SEK per/year – such cases the application will not be considered further
- Communication and societal value are usually poor -give extra time and effort in these key modules. There is support how to address the communication criteria here
- The first round of cut-off is done by all evaluators reading only the summary – Put lot of effort here, try to find the wow-factor
- It is a good idea to start to fill out the application as soon as possible as it takes time! – you do not have to do it all in one go.
- Like your co-applicants
- Work with work packages/modules when writing
- You may have a broad question but if you have a clear focus that you clearly state, rather simplify it so that the reader does not have to read between the lines.
For specific information on the mobility starting grants (both from Formas and VR) – read more here
Information about Formas open call 2017 can be found here.
PDFs for the speaches held on the seminar:
-Evaluating applications “What the reviewers reacts to” by Michael Murphy, Lantmännen is the group leader of evaluating applications in one of the panels
A natural phenomenon turned nasty: Where, when, and why will cyanobacterial blooms be toxic? by: Karin Rengefors - Professor in Aquatic ecology, received Formas funding 2015, elected member Formas
Realising the Post-2015 Sustainable Development: Whose responsibility? Speaker: Magdalena Bexell Associate Professor in Political Science, received Formas funding 2015
Urbanization: its challenges and possibilities for birds. by: Caroline Isaksson Senior Lecturer in Evolutionary Ecology, received Formas funding 2015 and 2016, Forskarråd 2016-2018
If you have any questions - please contact lina [dot] nikoleris [at] cec [dot] lu [dot] se