Application to ClimBEco
The application period for the 2020–2022 programme closed on March 5th. The application period for the 2021–2022 programme is scheduled to open in January 2021.
Who can apply?
Approximately 30 PhD students can be admitted to the graduate research school every year. ClimBEco is open to currently enrolled PhD students who fulfill at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is a registered participant in BECC and/or MERGE.
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is affiliated with a department at the Faculty of Science at Lund University, and the PhD student has a research topic of relevance for the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE.
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is affiliated with one of the departments connected to BECC and MERGE at the University of Gothenburg (Biological and Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences, Chemistry and Molecular Biology, Economics), and the PhD student has a research topic of relevance for the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE.
If none of the eligibility criteria apply to you, please contact Anna Ekberg for information about possibilities to join ClimBEco against an enrollment fee.
What are the requirements of active participation?
Accepted PhD students agree to actively participate in the research school during their two years. During this time, there are a minimum number of activities required to attend in order to fulfill the programme:
- The annual meetings (two per year), where supervisors are also encouraged to participate.
- The course "Interdisciplinarity in environmental research" at Lund University, 3 credits.
At least one additional ClimBEco course.
Apart from these minimum requirements, it is up to the individual to make the most of the ClimBEco time by, for example, participating in the mentoring programme and attending our workshops or seminars. All ClimBEco activities are extra-curricular to one's ordinary research education.
PhD students and project manager on why you should join ClimBEco – youtube.com.