Application - ClimBEco 2019-2021 programme
The programme will run from August 2019 to August 2021
Who can apply?
The Research School is open to students who are already enrolled as PhD students, and according to the following eligibility criteria (one fulfilled criterion is enough for eligibility):
- The PhD-student and/or the main supervisor is a registered participant in BECC and/or MERGE
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is affiliated with a department at the Faculty of Science at Lund University, and the PhD-student has a research education topic of relevance for the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE
- The PhD student and/or the main supervisor is affiliated with one of the departments connected to BECC and MERGE at the University of Gothenburg (Biological and Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences, Chemistry and Molecular Biology, Economics), and has a research education topic of relevance for the research fields of BECC and/or MERGE
If none of the eligibility criteria apply to you, please contact Anna Ekberg at anna [dot] ekberg [at] cec [dot] lu [dot] se or 070-399 70 78 for information about possibilities to join ClimBEco against an enrollment fee.
What you get in ClimBEco
When you join ClimBEco graduate research school, you will enter an inspiring research environment where you will:
- Meet and network with other PhD students and senior scientists
- Choose from a variety of cutting-edge PhD courses, free of charge
- Get introduced to the field of interdisciplinary research in the context of climate & climate change, biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Have the possibility to attend a mentoring programme for personal development, communication skills, networking and career planning
Accepted PhD students agree to actively participate in the research school during two years. This includes:
- The annual meetings (two per year)
- The course "Interdisciplinarity in environmental research"
At least one additional ClimBEco-course
The supervisors are encouraged to participate during the annual meetings.
Apart from these minimum requirements, it is up to you to make the most of your ClimBEco-time by, for example, participate in the mentoring programme and suggest interesting workshops or seminars. All ClimBEco activities are extra-curricular to your ordinary research education.