Land use for a sustainable future
The collaborative initiative called LU Land is to be a platform where different sectors, interests and research topics jointly address the challenges that an increasing need for products from the agricultural sector, ecosystem services and land for infrastructure and buildings constitute. LU Land will contribute to interdisciplinary meetings and perspectives for long-term sustainable land use in a changing climate, with the ambition to facilitate the transition to a bio-based economy.
– Together with LUCSUS, CEC takes this initiative to lead collaboration across sector and subject boundaries to manage land resources in a knowledge-based, innovative and sustainable way, says Henrik Smith who will coordinate LU Land.
New collaborative initiatives at Lund University
Lund University has decided to invest in five new collaborative initiatives that will produce as much valuable knowledge for society as possible during the three years that these initiatives are underway.
The five new initiatives now starting at Lund University are:
• Enhanced value relevance and credibility of sustainable information
Coordinated by Susanne Arvidsson, School of Economics and Management
• Visual interpretation and image description for accessible communication and social inclusion
Coordinated by Jana Holsanova, Department of Philosophy
• LU Land - Land use for a sustainable future
Coordinated by Henrik Smith, Center for Environmental and Climate Research
• Urban Arena Testbeds
Coordinated by Catharina Sternudd, LTH
• Artificial Intelligence - AI-Lab
Coordinated by Karl Åström, LTH