Final conference: The value of ecosystem services
One of the results of VESA is C-bank, which is a web-based tool that can be used by farmers and advisers to value ecosystem services as part of the natural capital and through this reduce the need for fertilizers and plant protection substances on the long term to optimize yields.
VESA is one of the seven projects included in the Environmental Protection Agency's research initiative "The value of ecosystem services," which is about how the value of ecosystem services can be better taken into account in different decision situations in community and societal planning.
Other sub-projects of the initiative "The value of ecosystem services" that will be presented during the day are:
- Valuation of cultural ecosystem services based on contributions to quality of life, Lund University
- National environmental monitoring and evaluation of ecosystem services in the mountains and forests, the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Valuation of aquatic habitats, ecosystem services, AquaBiota Water Research
- The integration of ecosystem services in the Swedish EIA process, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- Co-administration of interacting ecosystem services in the catchment area of the River Helgeån, Stockholm University
- Implementation of the ecosystem services concept at the municipal level, Kristianstad University
The final conference is open to anyone interested in ecosystem services.