20 year jubilee for Environmental Science
The event was packed when current and former students together with researchers and university employees met at AF-Borgen to exchange experiences and inspire each other. Three previous students talked about lessons from their career and four researchers showed different research projects. Director Henrik Smith highlighted the great power in over 1000 Environmental Science students, now working with important societal issues.
A panel discussion lead by Catarina Rolfsdotter discussed the skills needed to solve global environmental problems and the potential of universities to meet those needs. For long time focus has been on specialist knowledge, but the participants also highlighted the importance of broad understanding of social challenges and being able to collaborate with different disciplines and professions. Participants in the panel:
- Katarina Hedlund, Deputy Director at the Centre for Environmental and Climate Research
- Oddvar Fiskesjö, Head of operation Regional development, Region Skåne
- Maja Manner, Section head Process Management and Strategy, ÅF
- Jessica Hansson, Project Manager at External Relations / Lund University Commissioned Education (LUCE)
- Roger Hildingsson, Researcher, Department of Political Science, Lund University