Summer School on Climate Change and Entrepreneurship - apply before 1 March 2016
The Journey is an intensive summer school program with lectures, coaching and study visits with students from all over the world! The Journey’s focus is on:
- Climate Change - Learn with some of the best climate experts in Europe. Engage with different start-ups working on climate solutions and participate in ideation sessions to come up with your own impactful idea.
- Entrepreneurship - Spark your entrepreneurial spirit through guided workshops and specific coaching. Work in groups with fellow students on your idea, create a business plan and how to pitch your idea in real life!
- Final Pitches - Pitch your business plan in front of an expert jury and receive feedback. Upon successful completion, you will get your Climate-KIC The Journey certificate.
Who can apply?
Students and young professionals with a compelling motivation and a good command of the English language. There are no age limits or specific background requirements.
Lund University students are encouraged to apply to The Journey.
The Journey is for:
- Bachelor students (last year of undergraduate studies)
- Master students
- Ph.D. candidates
- Young professionals
Options and destinations
- Option 1: 3 July – 6 August (5 weeks)
- Option 2: 24 July – 27 August (5 weeks)
- Option 3: 17th July -6 August (3 weeks )
The Journey takes you to 2-3 destinations of the Climate-KIC network ranging from France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway and Poland to Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom!
Apply now! Deadline 1 March 2016
For The Journey experiences from last year’s participants and the online application form, please visit Climate-KIC's official site.
General contact: education [at] climate-kic.org
Lund University contact: Anna Ekberg
For EU students (holders of an EU/EEA/Swiss passport or students full time enrolled at a European institution during the 2015/16 academic year) there is no fee to take part in the Journey. Global participants are eligible to participate in the 3 weeks journey for a fee of €3000.
Climate-KIC is the European network for climate change innovation, consisting of dynamic companies, the best academic institutions and the public sector. Climate-KIC integrates education, entrepreneurship and innovation resulting in cross-disciplinary transformation of knowledge and ideas into economically viable products or services that help to adapt to and mitigate climate change. Lund University joined Climate-KIC Nordic as a partner in June 2015 and was one of the partners of the Journey 2015 as well.